Sightseeing in Todgarh
Todgarh Raoli Wildlife Sanctuary
It is one of the larger and lesser known sanctuaries of Rajasthan and has a great
potential for ecotourism, Nature loving tourists can view a variety of birds, animals,
and plant life by way of trekking along nature trails.
An ancient Lord Shiva Temple surrounded by tall trees of Karanj, Tamarind &
Banyan attracts tourists from distance places. There is a perennial source of spring
water in the temple. It is perfect place to meditate & relieve stress.
Approach from Todgarh to Dudhaleshwar is by a serpentine track on the western slope
of Aravalli hills. This four Km long road has many U turns, built by British engineers.
It is the best example of road engineering. Katar Ghati joins Mewar and Marwar regions.
Ghoram Ghat Railway Track
Most of the railway track of 22 km length between Kamlighat & Fulad station
passes through Todgarh Raoli Sanctuary in a hilly terrain. It also joins Mewar &
Marwar regions. It was built in 1934 & fine example of railway engineering.
While travelling through this serpentine route, tourists can view green vegetation,
waterfall, tunnels & bridges.
Deewair is a historical place inside the sanctuary associated with Maharana Pratap.
It is the victory site where Maharana Pratap defeated the Mughal army of Akbar.
Col. James Tod named Deewair as “Marathon of Mewar” in the famous book
“Annals & antiquities of Rajasthan”
Inside the sanctuary in Bhagora forest block there is waterfall of height 55 meter
probably highest waterfalls in Aravalli range. The waterfall can be seen in the
rainy season. Roosting long billed vultures and numerous rock beehives on the cliffs
just near to it can also be watched. Bheelberi can be approached by jeeps through
a 4 KM nature trail.
Just 3 Km away from Bheelberi waterfalls, is a jeepable road to reach Raina Dam
which is a large water body and it is a part of the wildlife sanctuary. During winters
lot of birds come to this water body and one gets to do bird watching.
Raoli Rest House
The Raoli Rest house is a British era (1932) forest rest house. It has two wells,
furnished rooms with all basic facilities.